• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear defroster troubleshooting chart from service manual?

19cherokee92

NAXJA Forum User
I heard there was a troubleshooting chart in the jeep service manual for the rear defroster. anyone have this and willing to post some info or copy a page and send it to me?

92 xj bought used has rear defroster in glass but no switch. removed dash and found wiring and plug for switch on the left of steering column. plug has 3 connections in it. got switch from yard with 4 connections on it and it did not work. went back to yard and got switch with 3 connections on it and still did not work. both rear defroster fuse under hood is good and rear defroster fuse in block under dash is good. get no volts from plug using mutimeter when ignition is on

wanted to check resistence on wires from plug to see if the wires have failed but they go into a pack and I am not sure where the other end is?

i'm no electrical wiz either so that may be a major problem here as well

thanks for any input

Back