• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hightecretreading has new sizes, 37s!!!

redyouch

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.high-tec-retreading.com/sizes.html
d-mud.jpg

37s for only $125!!!
they have alot more types and sizes too.

I wonder how reliable they are on the highway, or if they are maypops. I wouldn't want a 35 inch tire coming apart on the freeway. Anybody tried any of these?

Big Rigs run re-treads alot.

My dad works for a trucking company and they get tires retreaded. They work well from what Ive heard. Dont know about these tires though. Might want to seach on google or something and look at more peoples input. HTH

the only time i have seen tires go on a big rig is when its hot out side. on a trip to florida i saw 3 blow outs in only 10 hours, but i really dont blame the tires as much as i do the weather. plus, the miles on those tires were probably more than are on mine right now.

91 Jeep Project said:
What he said, how many tires does a big rig have? Doesn't affect the rig much when one goes. Now how many tires do you have? Do the math............. :pig:

What kind of pressures and loads do they run though?

;)

As far as I know recaps are run on the drive wheels only or trailers and are not allowed on the front or steering wheels on big rigs. They work OK but heat is a big enemy, for off roading a set of them big meats would probably work fine but I would not want them as a daily highway tire. I ran them on my dune buggy many years ago and was pretty happy with them, they were Bandags and supplied alot of the baja racers on a budget.

Also consider that a big rig wont stop if one goes flat even if they notice it , They would loose alot more money than the tire is worth , I have seen them remove tires before but only if they happen to be stoped at the time of it being flat

More than anything on big rigs it is heat and air pressure that causes them to fail. If both tires that are side by side are not at the same or close air pressure there will be tire failure. Most times this is what causes recaps to blow. The different air pressures cause them to be different heights and this builds up heat as the low tire is basically being slipped on the road surface to keep up with the one its bolted to. This builds heat and heat is the enemy of retreads.......since heat is what put the retread on the casing to begin with.
And on big rigs it is illegal to run recaps on the steer. It's also illegal to run them when hauling some types of hazmat loads.
Timbo

I just put some Re-treds on my XJ about a month ago. I have had no problems with them at all so far but i have only put about 2,000 miles on them so far. They track just fine no diffrent than brand new tires. The set of four MT 31 10.5 15 cost me $235 for them mounted and ballanced.

I will be getting them again i'm sure based on my experance so far.

Fenton Beech

I have been running Hitech 31" retreads for about year, no complaints the tire shop could barley tell they were retreads. I drove from WA to AZ and around CA fine with no problems in the head or anything. The are a good price and havn't flown apart yet.

Re: WHAT ABOUT KUMHO VENTURE M/T ANYONE TRIED THEM?

I had run Kumhos nearly 2.5 years, sold tires with 12/32 tread left. I had put approx 32K miles. Kumhos stick to the ground, very soft compound, flexible sidewall. I had instances were I watched tire sidewall being pulled/stretched by a rock or a root, many times I thought I am going to loose it. Nope, sidewall stretched, sprung back and let go of whatever it got caught on. I loved Kumhos. Tires are very easy to balance. I wanted to try BigO tires (what a mistake I made) and sold them.
When I got them, they were 97-99 $ each. For 33 inch size.
Why settle for a retread if you can get a good tire for a reasonable price and not necessarily made in US of A with a mind-blowing PRICE TAG!

Just my .02$ :lecture:

According to a trucker buddy the blown retreads you see are usually a lower quality one. Some companies pinch pennies where they can whether it's a smart place or not. I've got a cousin who runs retreads on his car and racks up some serious miles. No problems.

Sarge

i had a set similar to the ones in the front of the post. the tread would wobble slighty buy the tire balancer with road force showed them to be VERY well balanced (only used 1 or 2 ounces)

no one has mentioned that the 37s only come in a 16.5" wheel size. they are retreaded hummer tires. you can buy near new hummer radials for about the same cost or cheaper, but you're still stuck with a 16.5 so you better get some beadlocks too. speaking of which, has anyone ever seen 16.5 wheels that weren't 8 lug? (besides custom)

always wondered why 16.5's tend to blow beads. can someone shine some light on that for me?

Back