• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiper Bushings and Questions

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just replaced the bushings in my wiper arms. Just wanted to clarify a few things to make sure I did it right. There should be no play in the arms right?(while its still of the car) cause there used to be and now theres not. Also, is there supposed to be like a 1/16 inch gap between the bushing and the metal on the bushing right above the motor? There is no gap in the other two. Also in the picture below what do those numbers mean? Was something done to the wiper arms in 1990?
TIA,
Collin
P1080003.jpg

As for the first part of your questions, all I can say is everything should be snug but not binding. The other question about the numbers and date written on there is the markings of a salvage yard. The assembly has been replaced with another from a bone yard.

I wondered if that was what the numbers meant thanks for solving that. Anyone know about the gap?

Okay I ran into a big problem when I put the assembly back in. My motor isnt working at all now. I know my delay module is good. The problem is that the ground wire had snapped in half last time I worked on it so I just had it wrapped around a bolt and I also forgot to unplug the battery. Is the circuit breaker or whole motor shot ya think? Any help ASAP would be great its supposed to snow a lot this week.
TIA

I hooked my wiper motor up directly with my battery and it works. That narrows it to the circuit breaker correct?

Back