• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

powers steering pump years

Metric Saginaw is pretty much Metric Saginaw - it's a GM pump that is also used by Chryco. In fact, I think even the Viper pump fits (I know they use the same caps - from experience...)

Look at about any late-model GM or Chrysler, 1985 and up, and you should find a Metric Saginaw pump. You can probably pull one from any XJ/MJ up to at leasst 1996 (probably all of them, I think they just changed the mounting for 1999-up) any ZJ, and probably any TJ/WJ as well.

Saginaw didn't change the pumps much over the last forty years or so - there are just two basic versions (inch and metric) and a couple "upsizes" for larger or special applications.

5-90

5-90 said:
Metric Saginaw is pretty much Metric Saginaw - it's a GM pump that is also used by Chryco. In fact, I think even the Viper pump fits (I know they use the same caps - from experience...)

Look at about any late-model GM or Chrysler, 1985 and up, and you should find a Metric Saginaw pump. You can probably pull one from any XJ/MJ up to at leasst 1996 (probably all of them, I think they just changed the mounting for 1999-up) any ZJ, and probably any TJ/WJ as well.

Saginaw didn't change the pumps much over the last forty years or so - there are just two basic versions (inch and metric) and a couple "upsizes" for larger or special applications.

5-90

how very thourough

i think they changed the pump after 99 with the newer intake

so my guess would be ho-98

Back