• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Toy, now for the fun part

jeepin_al

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, look what I found for 300 dollars................
cherokee2.jpg

cherokee3.jpg

cherokee5.jpg

cherokee6.jpg

Those are the decent pics I have right now, I will get more tomorrow. It has either a 8.25 or (crossing fingers) a D44, not sure right now but I know it DOESN'T have a D35. I figure when I lock the rear if it is the 8.25 I will replace the axle shafts with the ZJ axle shafts and gain a little bit more strength of it is the 8.25. Hopefully I will have a little lift and some tires on it in the next couple of weeks, the major build up is going to be a few months down the road.

Looking at the engine compartment it's a non HO XJ. It wont have an 8.25 unless it was swapped in. If it's not a 35 (oval shaped) it most likely has a 44 (pointed bottom).

Nice score.

it is an 89 so no, no H.O. but you win some you lose some. My dad has the D35 on his 87 and he compared the two and said it definitely isn't the same axle he has and I have read that they put the D35, 8.25 or the D44 from 87 to 89. I can wheel the 35 but would look for a replacement, the 8.25 would be ok with upgraded shafts I think, and the 44 would make me very happy. I can't really complain either way seeing as I did have an 02 TJ that I was tearing up on the trails too much and this I can wheel without worrying about making a payment next month.

Back