• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

full wrap-around rear bumper

Codhead

NAXJA Forum User
First, yes I've searched and looked at websites until my eyes want to fall out.

Having said that, other than C-rok, can someone(s) tell me who makes rear bumper&tire carrier that wrap fully around the rear quarter panel to protect the panel from the body cladding down?

If you have one, do you like it?

Looking for options outside the C-rok so as to make an educated decision.

Durango4x4's is a full 1-pc wrap-around bumper, rediculously expensive though.

C4x4 also has something similar. They use seperate bolt-on quarter panel guards though. They're probably going to be your best bang for the buck.

The detours bumper looks sweet. Not much info, though - any insight on prices, finish (powdercoating?), the 3 versions or the tire carrier?

I know that on Detours' jeep (Mark, a.k.a Hammertoe on NAXJA) has the same bumper made entirely out of diamond plate.

Not sure about all the details though.

Give Detours a call; Mark is a great guy and he'll give you all the info you need. He builds his stuff upon order, so I'm sure that he work with you on different options.

:wave: Try this and see what you think.But I am still looking through my favorite file.

XJ Rear Bumper ('84-'96)

Custom designed for the '84-'96 Jeep Cherokee, our heavy-duty rear bumper is constructed of 3/16" and 1/4" steel. It comes predrilled for our tire carrier, unless ordered otherwise. Black powder coated.

note: can be ordered to fit '97+ XJ's for an additional $25, contact us for details.

Item Price
Rear XJ bumper ('84-'96)
$255.00

optional rear D-ring tabs (pair) $40.00
3/4" D-rings (pair) $24.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XJ Rear Bumper ('97-'01)

Specifically designed for the '97 Cherokee body-style, the bumper now features welded-on endcaps and bolt-on rear rocker guards. As with our original rear bumper, it's also constructed of 3/16" and 1/4" steel. Bumpers are predrilled for our tire carrier, unless ordered otherwise. Black powder coated.

note1: The bolt-on rear rocker guards that come with this bumper will interfere with Bushwacker's cut-out fender flares, if you have these flares, consider getting the bumper style for the older XJ's above.

note2: this bumper can be ordered to fit older XJ's for an additional $25. Contact us for details.

Item Price
Rear XJ bumper ('97-'01)
$345.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swing-away tire carrier

Custom designed to fit both our rear XJ bumpers, the carrier bolts directly to the bumper and features a new and easier to use latch design. Our new hinge design uses tapered bearings and is rated for up to a 35" tire! Black powder coated.

Item Price
Swing-away tire carrier (requires rear bumper)
$265.00

Tire Carrier Accessories

We have both Hi-Lift jack mounts and Blitz brand jerry can mounts available for our XJ tire carriers. The Hi-Lift mount bolts on and features tabs for auxillary lights or CB antennas.

The jerry can mount is designed to work with 5-gallon Blitz brand jerry cans and may require some drilling to mount it.

Item Price
Hi-Lift mount (may require unbolting and removing diagonal brace on tire carrier) $48.00
Blitz can mount (jerry can not included)
$80.00

mine...
Rear_1.jpg

XJ_12small.jpg

XJ_10_small.jpg

link if pics don't work:
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1051580

Lion... I can't see the pics. Which company are you referencing here?

btray

Lion said:
:wave: Try this and see what you think.But I am still looking through my favorite file.

XJ Rear Bumper ('84-'96)

Custom designed for the '84-'96 Jeep Cherokee, our heavy-duty rear bumper is constructed of 3/16" and 1/4" steel. It comes predrilled for our tire carrier, unless ordered otherwise. Black powder coated.

note: can be ordered to fit '97+ XJ's for an additional $25, contact us for details.

Item Price
Rear XJ bumper ('84-'96)
$255.00

XJ Rear Bumper ('97-'01)

Specifically designed for the '97 Cherokee body-style, the bumper now features welded-on endcaps and bolt-on rear rocker guards. As with our original rear bumper, it's also constructed of 3/16" and 1/4" steel. Bumpers are predrilled for our tire carrier, unless ordered otherwise. Black powder coated.

note1: The bolt-on rear rocker guards that come with this bumper will interfere with Bushwacker's cut-out fender flares, if you have these flares, consider getting the bumper style for the older XJ's above.

note2: this bumper can be ordered to fit older XJ's for an additional $25. Contact us for details.

Item Price
Rear XJ bumper ('97-'01)
$345.00

Swing-away tire carrier

Custom designed to fit both our rear XJ bumpers, the carrier bolts directly to the bumper and features a new and easier to use latch design. Our new hinge design uses tapered bearings and is rated for up to a 35" tire! Black powder coated.

Item Price
Swing-away tire carrier (requires rear bumper)
$265.00

Tire Carrier Accessories

We have both Hi-Lift jack mounts and Blitz brand jerry can mounts available for our XJ tire carriers. The Hi-Lift mount bolts on and features tabs for auxillary lights or CB antennas.

The jerry can mount is designed to work with 5-gallon Blitz brand jerry cans and may require some drilling to mount it.

Item Price
Hi-Lift mount (may require unbolting and removing diagonal brace on tire carrier) $48.00
Blitz can mount (jerry can not included)
$80.00

Thanks Jason...

I know that RIGID has been testing the rear bumper in Moab quite a bit lately, and they sent a few prototypes out. But the word is that the design has changed a bit from the prototypes.
The mounting system on their rear bumper is absolutley AWESOME!
I would expect it in the next month or so, fitting both newer and older body style of XJ's. And with a tire carrier option.
Pictures won't be up probably until they release it for production.

Back