• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will 1981 Bronco 4x4 coil springs fit my Cherokee?

oldmustangjunkie

NAXJA Forum User
My uncle recently lifted his 81 Bronco. He told me I could have the front coil springs if they would help with my BB. The Bronco is 4x4 with a 300ci I6 and manual trans. Will these springs fit and how much lift will they provide for my Cherokee?
Thanks,
Bryan

Last edited:
I had 1966 ford bronco coils in the front of my XJ i would say they gave about two inches of lift. And then i got a set from a guy from another older Bronco like that which are about 3.5 inch lift on a bronco and give me 4 inches off lift. They ride Rough as hell i plan on getting a set of XJ ones here soon. All i can say is try and c.

I think I'll pass on these springs then, I don't want a rough riding log truck Cherokee. Even after adding RE's 2.5" AAL, my ride isn't rough. In fact, it seems better, maybe my old springs were so weak that the axle was bottoming out?

Back