• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chicken Run! Part 2 - Woonsocket, RI August 17

BrokenXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys, I know this is the weekend of the barbecue, but for the people a little farther north, we are meeting in Woonsocket (actually North Smithfield, RI) for another Chicken run. It is an all jeep event, so you can invite your friends, and their buddies. We are meeting at 11:00 AM and going out on the trial ride for about 3-4 hours. This is a great run for stockers because all of the obstacles are off of this power line road. (i.e. tread lightly on the powerline road.) There are moderate obstacles, and a good hill climb in the end.

OK, now the good part. After the ride 3:00-4:00 o'clock we will be going to Wright's Farm for an all you eat family style chicken dinner. This place is amazing, you can order chicken, or you can order chicken! (There is only one thing on the menu) Once you sit down they bring the table family style salad, macaroni, french fries, and baked chicken. The price is about $8 bucks per person. I think the macaroni, and fries are for the kids, because I just eat the salad and chicken. So bring your fat friends, or your kids that play football because this is Chicken Run – Part 2.

Earl from R.I. (is the organizer.) Red XJ with lots of stickers.
Call him if you have any questions. (401) 765-2895
11:00 AM, Saturday, August 17
Stop & Shop parking lot.
North Smithfield, R.I.
Route 146A

Hey

Hey BrokenXJ... whats up?? I am going to aim to make it to this run... I had a Blast In Mass on Old Florida Road... Maybe I'll bring my lady friend along... :) well, I'll see what I can do to make it.
~Joe~

Glad to here it.

Joer, Come on up, this is a fun run, with good food. I havn't been since Paragon, where I broke a driveshaft, and tierod end, with PeterBuilt.

Ok

I'll ask for the Day off... Sunds like a fun time.. hehe especially the chicken... Well, My girlfriend will be off on vacation in Maine I think, so i will be alone.. but thats ok hehe anyone else brave enough to go??? ;)
~Joe~

sounds like fun

ARGH! It seems like my timing is always off for the new england events. I'm driving up from NY to MA on the 16th for an engine swap on the 17th and 18th in Hingham MA... Maybe if all goes well on saturday, I can try it out on sunday! But, I'm not holding my breath... Wish me luck.

Back