• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear bumper opinions: C-Rok vs. Kennesaw

spkshasha

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I want a rear bumper that wraps around the sides and narrowed it down to 2 bumpers, C-Rok or Kennesaw. The Kennesaw would be a better deal (same price as C-Rok with the tire carrier included). Any opinions? Anybody run either? Thanks -Shawn

Re: Rear bumper opinions: C-Rok!

I Love my C-Rok rear bumper and it went on w/Out any problems. Took a nice hard hit to the bottom right rear corner and only scraped the paint. The whole process of ordering, picking it up and paying went smoothly. Greg even took the time to explain how it mounted up and showed me all the components and their use when I picked it up.

I can't speak about the Kennesaw bumper but I've bought from Greg (C-ROK) before and have seen a couple of his bumpers. ANYTHING he makes is TOP QUALITY. I was gonna make my own rear bumper but his design is almost exactly what I was gonna do.....so why bother making?! :laugh3: Danno

any pics guys?

Purple said:
any pics guys?

He's got a few here http://www.c-rok.com

I'm totally happy with my front bumper, and my whole experience, from ordering to installing, went great.

Do the mounting points on his front bumper take the place of the outside steering box brace?

Robert

XJWheelie said:
Do the mounting points on his front bumper take the place of the outside steering box brace?

Robert

No, they're designed to work with or without the steering box brace. He also has available a passenger side bracket similar to the steering box brace.

I looked at the Kennesaw before I purchased my C4x4. It looks well built and is a great price. I decided against them because of their mounting. The rear bumper only mounts to the 8 holes where the factory tow hitch would mount, it has no tie ins for the stock bumper mounting holes. I felt that with a spare tire on there the down force would eventually lead to some problems. just my .02

E-mail Greg. I'm sure he'll be happy to give you some numbers. His prompt response to my e-mail was part of the reason I went with his bumper, after attempting to contact another manufacturer with absolutely no response.
His service is top-notch, all the way.

The C-Rok rear bumper is what I intend too buy. They said the rear tire carrier was in the $350 range, but I have yet to see a pic.

c-rok (greg) will be getting my money if I ever make enough for his bumpers!!! I love the looks and design of them myself.-------Kyle

Out of the two you mention I would go C-Rok without a doubt. I've bought from Greg (C-Rok) before and would do so again. His craftsmanship and customer service is top notch.

I have also done business with Terry at Rigid (www.rigidco.com). I am running his FBG front bumper and it rocks. Also, Martin at Rock Lizzard Fabrications (http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/) has been great. I am waiting to see the tire carrier setup from C-Rok, Rigidco, and Rock Lizzard before I make a decision on buying. All three have earned my respect and hard earned $$$.

btray

Back