• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

why does my F DS turn by hand ?

generalleexj

NAXJA Forum User
ok well if i bend down and grab my front drive shaft, it turns freely, by my hand, ( sorry if this is an idiot question, but i would like to know why)
i then tried the rear and i cant turn it. my 4wd works perfectly .. please tell me why this is, and sorry again if it is a noob question

vac disc front axle disconects the driveline from the axle, and therefore makes the driveshaft free to move on the axle side. The t-case will alow the DS to move freely when in 2wd.

if you dont have the vac disco d30... good luck

with the vac axle there are more parts to break and more parts to get hung up making it a little worse off but a lot of people run them with no probs. also if you break the inner shaft on a vac axle it is a little bit more of a pain in the ass to change than just sliding in a whole new shaft like in the non disco

and this should prob be in the stock section :)

O sorry thought people reading this post would give some info cause it is kinda related JW. I swaped out my vac d30 for the stright cause the damn vac thing would fail all the time. Didn't cost me jack cause i got a 50 parts jeep which that this 25 min and it was changed. I realized the vac axles inner axle was bigger so i was curious. Thanks

Back