• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheels

94XJ4x4

NAXJA Forum User
will 15X8" wheels with a 5 0n 4.5" lug pattern with aproximatly 3.5" backspacing fit 33" tires on my xj or will i need a wider rim?

( I am doing my grad challenge on my jeep i just need some answers to this question so i can use it as a resource in my paper)

Whats your topic? I am doing my project on the history of Jeep's and the influence they have played in the military, along with how they have changed the automobile industry.

8" wide is about perfect, but I think you'll need closer to 4.5 backspacing. With the 3.5" bs the wheels will be too outward and probably won't clear the flares.

How much lift do you plan on running? How much are you willing to trim off the flares?

The tire will fit the rim, the rim might not fit your XJ properly.

Last edited:
8" is perfect for a 12.50 tire. a 10" wheel looks better in some people's opinion, but an 8" will hold a bead much better when aired down. I'm still kickin myself for getting 15x10s for my 35x12.50s.

3.5" backspacing will give you a pretty wide stance, depending on your lift height and fender trimming you may be getting the tires into the fenders when flexing.

here's my MJ when I had about 5.5" lift, 33x12.50s on 15x8s with 3.25" backspacing:
5_G.jpg

Back