• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiator

elephantrider1

NAXJA Forum User
Well i have a leak in my radiator it is spraying it all over my engine.plus it has rust all in it more of a rusty slug actually. So i guess ill be buying a radiator any suggestions on kind and place to buy one

GottaBeJeep said:
x2

Have had mine for a couple months and it has been awsome. Took me 30 min. to install it and cools like a champ. I dont know how much it cooled the engine off (Just have the dummy light) but I can deff. tell the difference.

Search as well, there have been several threads about this.

Watch out for cheap 3 row radiators with plastic tanks , I've blown the side out on one , just saw one split the plastic tank from the top to the bottom last weekend, and the jeep wasn't even overheating. It was only four months old ,O'reilly's auto parts gave him a new one under warranty and it had metal tanks ,guess they had been having other complaints. The plastic was THIN.

I just checked radiator.com and they have an all metal 3 row by GDI for $139 lifetime warranty or $119 with a 1 year. Opinions on this one.

MontanaXJ said:
I just checked radiator.com and they have an all metal 3 row by GDI for $139 lifetime warranty or $119 with a 1 year. Opinions on this one.

I've had a GDI 3 row for about 5 years now...
No more overheating probs...
The plastic drain plug on the side is pretty cheezy tho...

On the other hand...
I've heard a lot of good things about the CSF's and DPG...
either way... Gotta be waaaay better than stock

Last edited:
Back