• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 Carrier question

bretto

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to buy a carrier and found one that has 19 spline spider gears in it. My ? is, my shafts are 30 spline but I plan on putting in my lockright with 30 splines...are the carriers the same and the internals (spiders) interchangable?

Brett

What years? I know that ABS carriers are different then non-abs. We tried to put an old lockrite in a newer one with ABS. The carrier was smaller then the old one and it wouldn't fit.

How much would you be willing to spend for an open, 30 spline, 3.73 and higher (numerically lower) D44 carrier & spiders, from an 87 XJ? Ive got one sitting somewhere in the garage.

I'm guessing you won't be able to use your Lockright in that carrier just because Lockright shows different part numbers for the different splined carriers.

Ray H said:
How much would you be willing to spend for an open, 30 spline, 3.73 and higher (numerically lower) D44 carrier & spiders, from an 87 XJ? Ive got one sitting somewhere in the garage.

I am looking for one for 3.73 and lower (numericallly higher)...thanks though....any got one for some 4.10's?...Dana 30 also

Back