• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DPG Gas Tank Skid Plate & OME Stabilizer Install

MontanaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Got the DPG gas tank skid plate installed today, for now. It would have been easier if it wasn't for the passenger side nut plate, 2 of the bolts on that side have refused to coperate. The ones on the exhaust hanger are not in at this time causing nothing more than a slight rattle. I will be getting a new passenger side nut plate and trying again. Other than that the piece is super beefy and my 155 lb. buddy was doing pull ups on it. Also installed an OME steering stablizer with only minor persuading of the passenger side mount to get the sleeved bushing in. All this work was done at the Auto Hobby Shop at MAFB and definitly having access to good tools (tie rod tool for stud in drag link) and an impact gun is very helpfull. They will be tired of me after this weekend for sure as I will be there alot.

Back