• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

roof rails

bocaj

NAXJA Forum User
i went to the speaker shop to test a 10" sub in the back. we turned it up and he told me my roof was rattling alot. he said somthin about my roof rails could pop off? is this possible? im not familiar with my jeep in the roof area. if it is possible how do i fix it?

bocaj said:
i went to the speaker shop to test a 10" sub in the back. we turned it up and he told me my roof was rattling alot. he said somthin about my roof rails could pop off? is this possible? im not familiar with my jeep in the roof area. if it is possible how do i fix it?

are you talking about the rails on the roof rack? older style were screwed on and newer style are glued on.. if the gasket is loose or the screws loose i can see they may vibrate but you arent going to break them loose with a sound system...

bocaj said:
my jeep is a 93. i think it was inside the roof. is there a way to fix the rattle?
the roof structure/reinforcement rails inside the roof itself are welded in some places but mostly with some form of adhesive,, if you pull down the headliner you should be able to find any rattles and goop a li lRTV in there to kee it from rattling.. i wouldnt remove any pre-existing adhesive, just add to it...

Back