• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adjustable Track Bar

Buy a different one! there junk. I ran one on my 95 for a yr thought my steering box was going bad because of slop. It turned out to be the trackbar. Put a different one on and slop went away. Just my.02

ive got the RE HD trackbar w/frame mount and it works awesome. super beefy and no more DW

now i need to tackle that stock steering

437678_193_full.jpg

437678_194_full.jpg

I wonder if that HD RE1660 end will fit on the RE1600 trackbar if you want to switch. Or do you have to buy they whole trackbar?

Also isn't your nut at the wrong end of the threads?

Buy an RE or JKS!
WobblesXJ said:
I wonder if that HD RE1660 end will fit on the RE1600 trackbar if you want to switch. Or do you have to buy they whole trackbar?

No they are not interchangable,you have to buy the trackbar and bracket!The locknut is correct since the Superflex joint is female threaded!

I've had the RE HD bracket and trac bar on my XJ for 2 years now and no problems with it except the bracket has come loose on me a few times

WobblesXJ said:

i believe you have to buy the entire new bar because it doesn't have the same dimensions... at least thats what RE told me ;D

brandon

The Skyjacker track bar isn't all that bad, as long as you scrap their reinforcement bracket/steering stabilizer relocation bracket and go with the weld on JKS over OAB instead. The two match up pretty well. Little more work than bolt on, but works out nicely.

I'm using a skyjacker track bar right now too. It is a piece of junk. Go RE or JKS. Kevins Offroad has a nice setup using a JKS bar and a bracket that he makes. Thats what I'll be switching to here in a few weeks.

heard that somewhere, cant remember where, how about drilling a hole in the trackbar bracket on the bottom, and moving the stock trackbar ? Would that work?
Do you really need a HD trackbar ? lets say... with tires smaller than 32"?

1382526tracbar.jpg

there you go.... this is on my truck.... looks like the bar is actually designed for 4 or more inches of lift......

If you use a zj pitman arm I believe you can get away with just about 0 bumpsteer on just 3 inches of lift....

I have pretty minimal bump steer on my rig.... I am planning on going up a nother inch or so in a couple of months so I don't really care to change the pitman arm...

I think the design is pretty beefy.... I plan to cut off the left ear off the plate that mounts the steering stabalizer and weld the whole tab to the axle....

anyway... I don't think it is really a bad part.... just one that is misadvertized.... when I bought it I thought it was for 2-4 inches of lift....

oh well..... I am having trouble working out my death wobble..... :)

anyone have kevins TB conversion? i dont know if it works for an XJ but for the ZJ its nice.

custom JKS made kevins design trackbar, and it does a bracket , switching to a rubber bushing horizontal bolt from the balljoint stock crap.

would it work?

Back