• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep mud flaps/splash guards?

JamesBond

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

Does anyone have the jeep factory or dealer installed mud flaps or splash guards behind the wheels? I get lots of crud splashed up on the front door and front rockers and I would like to get some factory looking guards. How do these install? Is any drilling of the body required? Thanks for your help.

JamesBond

I had some on my 97 when I got it. They got ripped off during off-roading at stock height. Were just regular black rubber flaps screwed into the edges of the fender well. Now that I've got it lifted they might stay on.

I had the stock mud flaps on my '94... but I noticed a few missing screws on the front passenger's side, and before I had a chance to find some new screws and fix it, the flap fell off somewhere!

They do work well when you keep the screws tight :)

So they just screw in to the fender on the outside of the plastic fender flare? Everytime I look at my wheel wells I have a hard time picturing how they attach. Thanks!

JamesBond

Those are the ones I have on my rear wheels. Work fantastic. They're actually meant for ZJs but line up with the XJ fender flare as well.

I have the OEM front mud flaps on my XJ. They mount to the fender flare using metal clips on the flare and a hole drilled in the flare only. They look good. I might have some pictures if you want, PM me.

That sounds good I like the idea of drilling the flare but the fender makes me worried about rust, are they the same as the ones linked above? Those are the only style of Jeep ones I've found on the net. Thanks for your input everyone.

JamesBond

I have the old style flaps that are not countoured, just flat. The rears require you to drill a hole on the inside of the fender to mount the bracket that holds the flaps; I think the fronts used existing bolts to mount the bracket. I've got all 4 sitting somewhere in the garage if you want them.

Back