• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Champion plugs?

JeepXJ93

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know if the dollar difference between the champion "truck" plugs and the regular champion plugs is worth it? Thanks for any input.

Well, every jeep comes from the factory with regular plugs. I'm quite happy with my $1/plug champions and $12 set of Bosch wires...

I buy my champion plugs from the dealer, a few years ago I picked up 4 of the remaining plugs a dealer had on the way home from work, stopped at a parts store for 2 more and when I compared them they were different plugs, same part number but different construction. The parts store ones had thinner components then the dealer ones. I used them anyway, when I changed them a year later they dealer ones were at .055 gap, the two from the parts store were between .060-.065 gap. I only buy them from the dealer now... Knocking on wood, I have never been screwed by OEM parts, can't say that about aftermarket...

Installed the "truck" plugs in my 01, the originals were shot and the truck variety are supposedly built stouter than the regular champions. They definetly look cooler. Not that much difference in price, be sure to use some anti-seize compound on the threads.

Mud...did you actually notice any peformance differences w/ the truck plugs...i'm lookin at either 10 bux for the stockers or 20 bux for the truck plugs...that extra 10 bux is deff. worth having for me right now if there is no diff. in performance. Thanks for the input

Back