• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear leaf upgrade q's

cdn89xj

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for some input on a rear leaf upgrade to improve my current situation. I'm running about 3" leafs with roughly a 3" block made with two blocks to gain my rear 6" of lift - no drop shackles. I know this is not the best setup and I'm looking to improve on it for more flex and a better ride - I routinely have tons of gear along, equivalent to 5 passengers worth in the cherokee on some outings. I believe superlift? makes a 6" leaf setup suitable for cherokee's, those with roughly 6" of lift straight from 6" leafs, what leafs are you using? Should I consider drop shackles and less leaf? Thanks for any suggestions/comments/input!
Pete.

you should consider getting rid of those blocks

personally i think stacking blocks is dangerous

get a good leaf pack or make your own, up to about 5inches of lift and then go with a shackle for the extra inch

The blocks are gone - as soon as I figure out a suitable replacement. I've read some posts on dodge dakota's as a possible leaf pack, with drop shackles and this pack does anyone know roughly if I can gain 6"?
Thanks for the input!

deathwobblezj said:
Go SOA in the back for the lift, you can use a 2.5-3" leaf pack SOA for 6" IIRC
Cherokee's are SOA!

go with a lead like the RE 4.5 or alcan 4" that should give ya around 5-6"... then add a longer shackle for another 1". you'll need that longer shackle with the taller leafs in order to obtain correct suspension movement w/less restriction and strain put on the leafs during articulation

brandon

cdn89xj said:
I routinely have tons of gear along, equivalent to 5 passengers worth in the cherokee on some outings.

BOR 6" leaf packs if ya routinely carry that much gear...

With an empty XJ they run about 7-8"

Back