• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

More Driveshaft Questions

lickdj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey I need a little help here im in the middle of putting my Full Traction 6" Long arm lift in and as I near the finish line I focus more and more on my driveshaft situation. Now I put the YJ slip yoke on my shaft giving me about 3/4 of an inch more length , however it look like when I bolt the rear all back up again the angle is going to be to high. Im thinking about doing the SYE which I didnt want to do right away I kind of wanted to get by for a while on stock. Anyways how can I save some $ on the driveshaft if I get the sye , is there any junkyarding I can do to help and then get some lengthening done. I was thinking like using a cherokee front shaft.

Thanks

With an HD SYE you can run a stock front shaft around 4-7" of lift.
If its a no go, you can have it rebuilt and add an inch at any drivetrain shop for way less than a new shaft.
My front spare DS cost me 50 at a yard.
It's from a 98, and the ujoints are fine.
HTH

I just finished putting a Hack n Tap SYE on my 242 case and an XJ front shaft WILL NOT FIT. It is about 3 inches short. I pulled the shaft myself from an XJ with the 4.0/AW4/231 combo which is what I thought was supposed to work.

I'm taking it to a driveshaft shop later this week hopefully.

Is there anybody running an XJ front DS on a 242?

I successfully fit the front shaft from a XJ (4.0, aw4) on my 4.0-aw4-242-D35 combo (today in fact!). I did have to get the yoke end of the CV changed to a Flange end.

Back