• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shocks for XJ on Dakota leaves

willysnut

NAXJA Forum User
:cool: We just put Dakota leaves on my son's XJ and with the resulting lift (4") his existing procrap 3000s are barely long enough the reach the lower bolton the rear axle. Were looking for a cheap(under $20) soft(stock type) valve shock to install on it :rattle: . I remember reading something about F250 shocks working but I can't find any posts about it. Anybody have a p/n for a shock that might work.

I have about 2 inches in the back and i used shocks off of the rear of a grand cherokee. however you will need bpe's as well. These shocks should work for you because i think they are a tad long for my application.

Mike

p.s. what did you do for the leaves in the back, xj main then dakota pack? do you remeber what year the dakota was? Thanks a bunch.

I cut the bracket off of the diff for the shocks and remounted the lower bolt up directly on the tube. I did this as I kept banging the mounts and damaged one shock when I backed into a rock. With the lower mount moved up I am running stock length shocks with 4" lift.

cLAYH said:
I cut the bracket off of the diff for the shocks and remounted the lower bolt up directly on the tube. I did this as I kept banging the mounts and damaged one shock when I backed into a rock. With the lower mount moved up I am running stock length shocks with 4" lift.
Hows your flex when doing this? Seems to me that would limit your down travel a great bit, as well as your up travel.

:speepin: I forgot to mention we are looking only for rear shocks. He has good 4"lift shocks on the front and that he has installed the BPEs and RE long shackles on the rear. As for the spring we used the XJ main leaf and stacked all of the '95 dakota leaves under that (chopped the dakota main to fit) after painting with a graphite type paint(messy,thick). It currently will not flex much due to the procraps. Previous thread helps for the front, thanks. Guess I'll look at the FLAPS today.

Back