• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear sway bar

elephantrider1 said:
ok ive seen alot of stuff that says remove rear sway. i agree this would help tremendosly off road but how will it drive and handle on road

I don't think I miss it, but then none of my jeeps had it because Up Country suspension group came without the rear swaybar from the factory.

Take it off. I took mine off and have not noticed I took it off. But, you have to realize that each Jeep is different. It is also not a sports car, so you have to be carefull of how you drive.

Starboard M is right. Since I took off my rear sway bar I haven't noticed a difference on road. Cherokee already have a high COG so you need to be carefull driving with or without the rear sway bar.

Center of gravity.

elephantrider1 said:

Center of Gravity. It is pretty high on xj's. Do you have a lift on you xj? This can make a difference because if you have a lift then the spring packs will usually be stiffer which makes up for the sway bar being gone. The reason the xj's with the upcountry package didn't have the rear sway bar was because they came with stiffer spring packs in the rear.

Psh I can't even notice mine while it's on there. My tires still stuff way up in the wells with it connected. This leads me to believe it doesn't do much anyway. Another vote for taking it off.

Back