• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle Identification

newXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Help the new guy ID his axles, I have a 2001 XJ ( my first) and I am thinking of doing some axle mods(lockers, custom diff covers) but I don't if I have Dana 30, or 35 up front I assume the rear is Dana also

nate said:
Being it's a 2001, should have a low pinion D30 in the front and a D35 in the back.
D35 in back with ABS, Chrysler 8.25" in back if no ABS.

As has been said, low-pinion D30 up front.

Rear options are either a 29-spline Chrysler 8.25" in the rear (hint: it has a Chrysler pentastar logo on the cover) or a Dana 35 (hint includes the likelihood of a Dana diamond).

Pics: http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/gear1.html#axle

Hey Thanks for the tips and links they are very usefull. Right now the XJ is bone stock, I cant wait to get a good lift on it and then mabye some gears also. Im thinking of a Rusty's OffRoad 4.5 inch kit, it seems like a good one, any suggestions on lift?

i know 99 had high pinion and 01 had low pinion.. im not positive either way with 2000 that was likely a mix/match change over year..... its pretty well documented about the rest though..

Back