• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NW Naxja 2005

XJourney

NAXJA Forum User
Welcome to Northwest Naxja 2005. In 2003 we started out as eight guys who wanted a Northwest chapter of Naxja. We accomplished that goal, plus we held our first official event in 2004, Northwest Fest. Now it is time for us to take Northwest Naxja further. As your President I have big plans for our chapter. This year I would like us to increase participation and the number of events held.
Below I have listed a few ideas of what I hope we could accomplish as a chapter in 2005.

Northwest Naxja 2005 Goals:
1 Chapter Decal/Tee shirts
2 2nd annual Northwest Fest
3 Fall/Winter Official Event
4 Christmas tree run
5 A trail Clean Up (give back to the community)
6 Set up meetings that everyone can attend.

Please feel free to post any additional goals or ideas that you may have for our chapter. All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Also feel free to PM any of your BOD with any questions, concerns or ideas

President
Hans Huisman (Xjourney)

Vice President
Glenn Baker (Glenn)

Secretary/Treasurer
Steve Williams (Willis)

Thank you very much
Let’s have another very successful year.

My 2005 goal is to actually show up to events and be the Chapter's unofficial photographer. ;) I need material for my portfolio and my new pro digital camera will be in my possession next week.

Congrats Hans and BOD. I'm glad we kicked this in the butt in Dan's garage that day. Thanks for all of your work, guys.

Let's start by me bugging everyone to commit to the October NAXJA Moab trip. I have wanted to go for the last four years. Now that I have Jeep keys (again), this year I am starting to save up time and money now.

Hopefully this year I'll actually be able to make it to some of the naxja events. i've heard that once again i'll be spending time in the sandbox, as well as in california and colorado, so i guess we'll see how things go.

Hans,
Sounds like a very reasonable list.
We should be able to accomplish this list nicely as a group!!

I vote that we have meetings infrequently (maybe only 2 to 4 times a year) so that we can get as much participation as possible.

In formal runs should be regular, and a hand full of formal runs a year sounds great.

For our first formal clean up we might want to consider grouping up with a formal clean up in the area with PN4wd association or other large group?

Michael

Yea I agree with you Micheal on the meeting thing I was thinking 4 times a year. Once in Jan at the Snowrun, again a two months before Northwest Fest, Then at Northwest fest and then Finally in Early November to finish up club business before the holidays and also for people to meet the Nominees(sp) for BOD.

And I am totally for more informal runs. I would love to see a run every month.

Good point about doing our first formal cleanup with a larger group. It would be alot easier plus we could see how veterans plan a clean up.

Phil: we could definitily use a club photographer. Hell I can barely drive, let alone photograph too. :laugh3:

Hey lets keep the ideas rolling.

Last edited:
XJourney said:
Phil: we could definitily use a club photographer. Hell I can barely drive, let alone photograph too. :laugh3:

I will be equipped to about 90% of my goal capacity in the next two weeks. Within the week I will be operational though. :) My outfit will be 100% digital, with portable computing factored in...meaning a photo CD can be easily burned at the trailhead for each person before leaving for the day, ultimately. Also looking into photo community webspace where run photos can be posted.

paul_xj04 said:
how about alot of wheeling trips, Evans Creek, reiter, walker, etc.

maybe some out of state trips as well, like MOAB in October

Sounds wonderful!! Are you willing to help plan a few of these?

I told the group on the last "informal" snow run we did last month that I try to run at least 1 off road trip a month and I would be more than happy to post the trips on this forum when I do it. If the rest of the group does the same thing there would be alot of informal events in the area.

My most comon runs are at Reiter Pit, Evan's Creek, Walker Valley, Naches area, and anywhere I can find snow in the winter time. I usually have 2 to 3 trucks with me. However, I am also intersted in trying some newer areas (new to me) out like the Shoestring, and other areas. I am also planning on doing the Rubicon later next summer if others are intersted.

We need participation, coordination, and coomunication from the entire group to plan these types of trips.

Michael

Most of the time, my work schedule keeps me from meeting up with you guys. I have taken the 22nd of January off for another snow run. After that, I will probably not make any trips until October. Have to save up the leave time. So, Paul, caravan to Utah in October? I would be willing to do the Rubicon, but I need a little more work. Maybe in 2006.

yea ill participate in this, im going to moab this october if anyones down to go, probably rubicon in the summer.

im down anytime during the morning hours to hit up trails in the area.

I'll be "joining" the NW chapter when I PCS to Ft Lewis in March. Looking forward to placing faces with the names.

See Y'all soon

John

GI-John said:
I'll be "joining" the NW chapter when I PCS to Ft Lewis in March. Looking forward to placing faces with the names.

See Y'all soon

John

Can't wait to meet you. Always looking forward to meeting other people with similar interests.

Fort Lewis makes a very good location with many off road areas close by.
Michael

Welcome John.

And to add on to Michael's statement, you could also get to some areas where the rest of us are not allowed to go. Ft. Lewis still gives out guest passes, don't they?

Jason

hopefully we can get something together in june/july timeframe? i'm gonna try to take leave, mebbe we can do a run or something, though i'll prolly be driving my cj, not my xj, its gonna be here in texas, and still without my lift. it'll be nice to meet more people this time.

JMotorsprt said:
Welcome John.

And to add on to Michael's statement, you could also get to some areas where the rest of us are not allowed to go. Ft. Lewis still gives out guest passes, don't they?

Jason
Yeah, "Guest Passes", yeah! That's the ticket!! I'm in! ;) Maybe we can practice some H1 recovery while we're there?

Ladywolf: We also have NorthWest Fest in Naches Mid to Late July. If your here you should bring your cj.

yea, it just depends on the army and how busy we get (the joys the joys). if anything i'll get stuck looking at pictures again lol.

ladywolf said:
yea, it just depends on the army and how busy we get (the joys the joys). if anything i'll get stuck looking at pictures again lol.

wait... is ur XJ still stock? lol.

Back