• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ubolts and Spring clips

jeepsrock

NAXJA Forum User
I will be inserting 1-2 leaves into my stock leaf pack and need to know what size ubolts i will need to accomodate for these leaves.

In addition to that i need to know how many spring clips i need and where i can get both of these items locally or on the net.

I live in the san fernando valley CA.

pete

jeepsrock said:
I will be inserting 1-2 leaves into my stock leaf pack and need to know what size ubolts i will need to accomodate for these leaves.
Size of ubolts depends on which axle you have.
Dana 35 axletubes are 2.64" in diameter (2.75" ubolts are commonly used instead)
Dana 44 axletubes are 2.75" in diameter.
Chrysler 8.25" axletubes are 3" in diameter.

jeepsrock said:
In addition to that i need to know how many spring clips i need and where i can get both of these items locally or on the net.
Mine came with two clips in front of the axle and one behind. You can make your own like in this link (halfway down page), or you can buy them at pretty much any spring or driveline shop. They are usually pretty cheap.

Beej.

jeepsrock said:
so if i have the chrysler 8.25 and plan on adding 2 leaves i should get something like3.25 ?

pete

No, if you have a chrysler 8.25 you have to get 3" or it wont work right you always get the same size u bolts as the diameter of your axle tubes no matter how many leaves you add, you just want longer u bolts, (longer on the straight part of the u bolt, NOT THE CURVE) About an inch longer at the most if your only adding 2 leaves.

Really it would be easiest to take a stock u bolt to the spring shop so they have a template to work from and you just tell them you need them longer.

Back