• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

will this give me more lift ?

generalleexj

NAXJA Forum User
alright well right now, i have 3 inch bds front coil springs, add a leaf, and 3/4 inch block in the back, i also have the daystart 1.75 budget boost which is front spacers, and rear shackles. i have 4.5 rear full leaf springs in my garage from rough country, and i was wondering if i put those in and took my shackles off, if it would give me a bigger lift ( they are used springs) and for the front i was planning on buying 4.5 front springs. would this give me a bigger lift. since now i have 3 inch springs with 1.75 spacer/ shakles ?
thanks

depends on how used the leaf packs are, if you have a winch, stock bumpers. you should keep the shackles to keep the longer leafs leafs from bottoming out the shackles and keep the spacers to level it out, drop the t-case for sure if you haven't already.

FLIPXJ said:
yeah and you dont have to deal with axle wrap!
not true - axle wrap is constant and always there. Ever wonder why when you park on a hill and set the e-break then take your foot off the break the car moves back a little? that is the springs "wrapping" Same thing happens when you accelerate - thats why when going to a double cardan driveshaft you are supposed to point the rear member about 2* low so that when you accelerate and "wrap" the springs you are pointed correcty.

Blocks act as a lever and accelerate this and make it more apparent...

XJ_ranger said:
not true - axle wrap is constant and always there. Ever wonder why when you park on a hill and set the e-break then take your foot off the break the car moves back a little? that is the springs "wrapping" Same thing happens when you accelerate - thats why when going to a double cardan driveshaft you are supposed to point the rear member about 2* low so that when you accelerate and "wrap" the springs you are pointed correcty.

Blocks act as a lever and accelerate this and make it more apparent...
I always thought that that was the tranny or brakes slipping slightly. You learn something new every day

Back