• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front hubs

Cupcake

NAXJA Member #1377
My driver side front wheel is squeaking really bad i have been in the process of getting new hubs but i just dont have the cash right now but in the last couple of days it has started to bother me to the point that i dont want to drive the jeep. Everytime i start to slow down without the brakes its like a whining scratchy noise. what i am getting to is if anyone knows someone that can get new hub assemblies and a place to install for cheaper than 500 bucks for 2 hub assemblies in socal i am welling to drive 2 hours away and i live in torrance

ask around.... changing a hub is pretty easy
if you ask around you should be able to find a used hub from someone who has recently broken an axleshaft.. they should have some extra hubs you can buy for cheep... or a 6 pack....

Oh.. and its simple.. take off brake caliper... (2 bolts) (13 mm)
take off axle shaft (3 bolts) (13mm 12 point, 1/2" works too)
take off hub nut (1 nut) (36mm.... could be 32... i forgot....) USE AN IMPACT.....
swap the hubs... reassemble.... and youve got yourself a new.. (used working) hub...

Back