• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Santa finally delivered!

lesslimited

Official MWC Brewmeister
NAXJA Member
Well, actually I had to go pick it up at the Forward Air terminal, but I didn't mind. Just need to re-gear the 9", get some 5 on 5.5 rims (and adapters for the 9"), and bolt it in. I'd like to go with about 5" backspacing to cut down the track width a bit, but it looks like the high-steer may limit me. Anyone have any experience with this?
http://community.webshots.com/photo/93067076/240027970lActAF
and next 4 pics

I was going to say 'nice box', then the third time I clicked the arrow saw what was in it... still a nice box, woulda made a nice shelf.... :laugh3:

Is that one full-width?
Looks like mine except for the pretty blue tubing.
Are those JohnnyJoints in the UCA mounts?

lesslimited said:
I'd like to go with about 5" backspacing to cut down the track width a bit, but it looks like the high-steer may limit me.

You got somethin 'gainst "wide rides" ? :D

Me likey, looks good

In by Winterfest maybe?

'nother wrenchfest?

Nice Christmas Present John ... bet yer ready to git r dun!

Les

btw... Shouldn't this thread be in "Jeep Picture Showcase"???

Unless this post is about how to breakdown a crate ;)

BillR said:
Is that one full-width?
Looks like mine except for the pretty blue tubing.
Are those JohnnyJoints in the UCA mounts?

Yeah, it's full width, and definitely not as pretty as yours. I may clean it up a bit, put a fresh coat of wax on it... :D
Those are the RE super-ride bushings in there - should flex pretty good, but not transmit vibration like the JJs would.

And Gil - since it is full width, I'm looking for recommendations for rims that will allow me to still fit on most of the trails. That's why I posted it here.
And while it should be in by Winterfest, the only part of it you guys will see there will be the crate for firewood to keep y'all warm while I'm in Hawaii :moon: :D

Back