• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New BFG MT's

it's a toned down Krawler
mudterrain_11022004.jpg
krawler_large.jpg

Yup. Its a toned down Krawler, but BFG has not dissapointed yet. I've been running MTs for 12 years and had no probs. I have 37X12.5 now that haven't been run yet, but I am supremely confident. On and off highway BFG is the best!

BlackSport96 said:
$81 and tomorrow...:D
wow thats great to hear, i'm gonna go get some first thing

90KrawlerXJ said:
On and off highway BFG is the best!

Unless you have a SafTee Sipe machine in your garage or basement, you have lost your mind.
MTs are one step above a bare rim when it gets wet or snowy.
HTH.

According to the link there is only one size 335/55/22.And I doubt that price is anywhere close to being realistic!

bgcntry72 said:
Unless you have a SafTee Sipe machine in your garage or basement, you have lost your mind.
MTs are one step above a bare rim when it gets wet or snowy.
HTH.

I must have lost my mind, because that is all I run........and have run in Utah winters for quite some time.

ewander said:
I must have lost my mind, because that is all I run........and have run in Utah winters for quite some time.

ewander said:
2000 XJ, 4.56's, Quicklok/Detroit, XD9000i, 33" MTRs.

Your sig belies your reliability, as it pertains to info here.
:roflmao:

So... assuming that they produce these in some useful tire sizes (i.e. 15-17 inch rim)... any ideas on how it might compare to the MTR? Obviously, the tread design is similar to the Krawler, but how much of the Krawler fantastic-ness (is that a word?) comes from it's tread design and how much comes from other things? Anyway, I used to think I was good at comparing tread designs from pictures.... but I'd rather just hear what someone else has to say....

ewander said:

I run BFG MTs (13 years now) also, rain and snow. I love the tire, but will agree with BG...they SUCK in the rain and ice, deep snow they rock...but packed snow, I would rather have AT's.

Rev

as of now, the LT335/55R22 is a demo tire size, they are letting people use them to test the tires out getting feedback on how the tire works. i think they will be around the same price as the current MT's they have which aren't cheap. i currently am running the BFG MT's and they do pretty well in ice when they are new. but as they get older, the tires do get harder which is why they tend to lose traction on ice.

My.02... The name Mud Terrain explains it.
They have a significant edge over quite a few tires in the mud.
Other then a tire similar to a TSL Swamper, the BFG MT's are my choice in the mud... ONLY.
I liked my TSL/SX's on my Brnc' myself. But street driving was a challenge...Hehehe

Personally, I would have them siped as mentioned earlier and save your aggressive driving for the trails only.
If you don't drive like that then avoid the MT's and tires like them.
I like em'...

I'm sure we all know by now that running a "mud terrain" tire in wet and/or icy conditions sucks. Every vehicle/tire set is a compromise; we all learn what we can live with to accomplish what we want. If you want to perform offroad suck it up and get a "mud terrain" type tire, if not go with what John Q Public is running.

etaniyani said:
as of now, the LT335/55R22 is a demo tire size, they are letting people use them to test the tires out getting feedback on how the tire works.

What kind of responses on a Mud Terrain are they expecting from someone who runs 22s? :shocked: They'll never leave the pavement...great test market.

Back