• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Windshield light mount ideas

nitrogt101

NAXJA Forum User
I've been trying to think of a way I can mount some driving lights on the bottom of the windshield, or very back of the hood. I thought maybe the little square body piece would be ok to bolt some kind of bracket to mount lights on. What do you think? Has anyone done this? Do you think I would get too much reflection off the hood? These would be long range driving lights, so I'm not worried about the close up ground illumination lost from the hood of the jeep.

Thanks for any help! :wave:

nitrogt101 said:
I was going for the look of this .

Do you mean something like this?

DCP_1274.JPG

DCP_1276.JPG

Anyone have the cop-style light on the drivers pillar?

Rocklizardfabrications.com had a windshield light mount in their "coming soon" section a few months ago and then it disappeared. I e-mailed them about it and was told to keep an eye out. It looked just like what GottaBeJeep posted.

nitrogt101 said:
Yeah, I could do that. But I want to be different. :wierd:

I was going for the look of this .
Oh, your wanting to put them on the A pilar. That has been talked about, but I have not seen anywhere to buy them. I also would like some info. Do you want fixed or turnable (cop style)?

GottaBeJeep, where did you get those?

Starboard M said:
GottaBeJeep, where did you get those?

See Timber's post.:D I'm working on them, just putting them through some testing for awhile. I want to make sure they will hold up to everyday and trail abuse, and since they bolt to the A-Pillar, I have to make darn sure how much they compromise the strength/integrity of the A-Pillar in case of rollover for liability purposes.

GottaBeJeep said:
... and since they bolt to the A-Pillar, I have to make darn sure how much they compromise the strength/integrity of the A-Pillar in case of rollover for liability purposes.

does that mean you're going to roll it to test 'em?

MaXJohnson said:
does that mean you're going to roll it to test 'em?
send pics!!!

-Ranger

Yes!!! That is exactly what i want! I was originally thinking a little lower, but after thought and looking at my Jeep I noticed that wouldnt work with the hood opening.... I want a fixed light, again, these are going to be long range(pencil) beams mainly for desert driving, and I dont want them on top because I still want to be able to pull in the garage, and my factory rack barely clears now. It would be nice to be able to aim them, but I dont want to drill a 2" hole in my a-pillar for a cop style light.

So when should these be availiable? I would definitly go for a pair of these. Ya know, I could test out a pair for you. :laugh3: Just send a set my way, and I'll see how good they really are. :yelclap:

Only a half inch, eh? I'm not even sure i could even do that. Thats a pretty good size hole in the a-pillar that isnt that big to begin with. I'm fine with drilling holes to mount stuff, but a hole all the way through I tend to get nervous about, because those definitly cannot be undone!

So about when should we expect these light mounts to be avaliable to us?

Back