• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Johnson Valley Clean Up, Jan 8th.

Would love to go and be a part of that, but I'm working that weekend. It's a bitch to work every other weekend.

Does anyone know if this will occur if the weather is bad? I totally did not pay attention when I posted the idea of a snow run.

The snow will be around for a while. I can go up on a different day if the clean-up IS going to happnen.

Please let me (us) know.

Thanks,

Robert

It is rain or shine, how about we carvan up from Lytle Creek Road.

Marisha

I'm still thinking about it.

Let me know (Mike said you wanted to caravan) I was thinking about leaving at 0400, but probably 0330 now in case its a little slow going.

-Marisha

wolfheartak said:
Weather's kinda crappy, so who all is still going?

-Marisha

I am, Lytle Creek off the 15 at 5:30 am........that is on the way up, so we can all meet and caravan from there, it is only 76 miles from that point.....Sound good??

I wasn't planning on caravaning and therefore wasn't paying attention to who's meeting where.... Is that the name of the exit? And is there a gas staion around or where should I meet you? Let me know. I was planning on CB channel 4 unless you'll be on a different one.

-Marisha

wolfheartak said:
I wasn't planning on caravaning and therefore wasn't paying attention to who's meeting where.... Is that the name of the exit? And is there a gas staion around or where should I meet you? Let me know. I was planning on CB channel 4 unless you'll be on a different one.

-Marisha
CB Channel 12, yes, Lyttle creek is an exit, theere are three gas stations all lumped together, and that is all there is, we can meet there, and then take off. send me a PM and i will send you my cel phone as well.
tony

I apologize, the exit is not Lytle Creek, it is Sierra Rd.... here is a link to the Shell there:
Sierra Shell 3864 Sierra Ave, Fontana, CA 92336-1157

You guys missed a great day! It was a little windy about noon, but other than that, perfect! Not a drop of rain to be found (The 15 is another story all together).

We started at 7am and lost all our juice about 3pm, so we played for a while, ate dinner, had a raffle and went home. We (all those there) filled up two big dumpsters, the HUGE ones that go on the back of a truck, plus another one could have been fulled witht he junk we left stacked up. There were 9 (I think) cars towed in from various places, we found a shopping cart, someone else brought back a couch, and who knows what else.

The turn out was OK, I would guess 50 people showed, but the organizer said she was planning on 200. Anyway, I have a few pics, but I have to get them up frist, so I'll show you all what went on as soon as I can.

-Marisha

Hey Mari, did you guys win anything esle...i had to dig my 2wd ranger friend out twice.....by the time i found him off a side road of Cam Rock, it was sprinkling, decided to come back. Anyways, nice to meet you and Steve, hope to wheel again soon.

Cool pics Marisha.

My Jeep got to play mule because of the roof rack. Cool event, was nice to be able to give something back.

Taken directly from the NAXJA by-laws

Responsible use of public lands through membership in land-use focused organizations;

To explore, maintain, preserve and enjoy, OHV trails with our fellow club members

Promoting the continuing and renewed use of public lands for Highway/Off-Highway Vehicle (HOHV) recreation.

Participating in, and supporting, activities to further the causes of OHV enthusiasts and users of the outdoors.

NAXJA will make efforts to improve the status of our sport through the development of better public image and association with people who are interested and active in the sport.

We will endorse the ideals of the United Four Wheel Drive Association (UFWDA) and Tread Lightly.

Primedia plans on doing more clean-ups, including more this year. There was some cool swag given out, Hats, t-shirts, and calenders from Randy's ring and pinion, mini tool kits, tire gauges, and bungee cords from Donavee Jeep, copies of Primedia's magazines, calenders and t-shirts. Lunch and dinner was provided by Inland Empire 4wd club.

Back