• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C4x4 Rear Bumper

They do offer the usual 2"x2" tube receiver thru their bumper as an option. I have their rear bumper on my 2000 XJ with a tire carrier. I had the OEM hitch, so didn't change that. I am very satisified with the C4x4 product. I get asked about it a lot by other XJ owners.

they also say on the site that it is for recovery points only..

I've talked to Mike at C4x4 about this. He told me that using an OEM hitch with his bumper was stronger than having him "add" one. That's what I'm running.

Ditto with oem/aftermarket hitch and

FWIW, if you opt for the rear tire carrier, for a fee they'll lower the bracket to provide better hatch window visibility. At least that's what they told me over the phone, oh 'bout a year ago. I'm running the standard height tire carrier, and probably being in the minority, find it a bit to high for my liking.

BTW, about a year ago a chicklet in a Dodge Lazer or something like that, didn't understand what right on red means in NY, and from her headlight area all the way through to behind her passenger's side door, she made contact with the left rear corner of my rear bumper, totally destroying everything on her car she came in contact with, and jerking my '98 about two feet into traffic, my wheels were turned right though. She was fighting with her boyfriend and "thought I had already turned", to her surprise, AFTER I came to a complete stop.

I don't think the c4x4's powder coating was even scratched...

Mike #300

Back