• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speedo gear?

ILLXJ

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Just regeared to 4.56's. Still running 31" tires. According to GoJeep's site I now need a 42 tooth speedo gear. But according to the chart a person would need a 40 tooth gear for 28" & 32" tires. So I don't know if the chart is correct for 4.56 gears. So the question is which gear do I need for 31's & which will be needed when I go to 33's? TIA. JIM.

Interesting spot there, Jim! It sure looks like a typo for the first three sizes under 4.56 gears. I'd email Marcus and ask him about it (assuming he doesn't chime in here first). His email address is linked near the bottom of his home page.
Lovin' those new gears, are ya?

The new gears are great! I would like to thank Rawbrown for all the info he gave over the phone. Just double checking everything I have read here. I would also like to thank Flowers for the install. I learned alot. JIM.

any one know the tooth count for a 34" w/5:13's ?

when you go to 33's you'll need a 39 tooth, i just put one in and my speedo is right on

So.... If I have 3.54 gears and 31's (dont ask I run a 5spd...) the chart tells me I need a 33 tooth gear and they are not available.

So should I go with a 32 or a 34? Its a 91 and they only work for 91,2,and 3.

red91inWA said:
So.... If I have 3.54 gears and 31's (dont ask I run a 5spd...) the chart tells me I need a 33 tooth gear and they are not available.

So should I go with a 32 or a 34? Its a 91 and they only work for 91,2,and 3.
just depends if you want your speedo to read slightly over or slightly under. i would have it read over so you dont get as many tickets.

Back