• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ seats in an XJ?

FU-UR

NAXJA Forum User
I saw a post or two about the seats from a WJ bolting directly to XJ seat rails. Is this true? I thought I also saw a post where someone tried to bolt ZJ seats on XJ rails but the seats were too wide for the XXXXpit. Does anyone have any experience with this modification?

Thanks!

Yes I just put WJ seats in my 2-door Cherokee, actually last night.

Just unbolt your stock seats, unbolt frame rails from stock seat, unbolt frame rails from WJ seat, bolt your XJ frame rails to the WJ seat and bolt them in. (the bolts on the frame rail are 13 mm).

Incredibly nice with WJ seats. One major problem I realized when bolting them in a 2 door. You can't get to the back seat, WJ seat don't tumble forward.

Thanks for the link and info, guys. My remaining question is: Are the power components of a powered WJ seat attached to the seat or the seat track? If I try to install a powered WJ seat on my manual XJ tracks, can I use the new seat as a manual seat?

Back