• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

homemade hummer style snorkel q????

jeepinairman

NAXJA Forum User
hey all.....i was pondering the idea after seeing a Humvee on base today and was wondering if anyone has pondered or made or knows a place where i can get a hummer style snorkel...

i figure it will fit on the facia (mis) right behind the hood below the windsheild all the was on the drivers side near the fender where there isnt the vent ....*hope that helps describe what i am trying to convey* :wierd:

i was thinking if i did an air intake such as on www.madxj.com but instead of just running it back into the fire wall i could run an actual type snorkel in the spot listed above...

again....has anyone done this...or seen it done...or just maybe even some company out there might sell something similar as i cant find anyting on them..thanks for the time...hope ya'll understand what i mean here..haha..later...

You can buy the ARB snorkle top for like 75 bucks from ARB.. its the only part they sale seperate from the Safari kit. Use that to top off your DYI snorkle.

yeah thats kinda like what i was thinking....i see you got what i meant though....

but back to the original question...has anyone ACTUALLY made what i am talking about.....or does anyone have a pic of something like i am am talking about...

thanks for the input though.....i found a guy on ebay that makes them for the H1 but wants 200 bucks for them....might as well get an ARB..ya know..

38_3.jpg

Get building - all hardware store stuff except for the 3.5" safari snokle topper that fits over a 3" ABS (DWV) street 45* fitting nicely...

Search a bit it has been shown before...

Without gutting the heat and AC you are not going to get out through the cowl by the W/S base...

HTH

Matt

Back