• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bushwacker flares

JohnX

Sarge
NAXJA Member
I am considering buying the cutout flares from bushwacker for my 97....I am going to get them on Ebay for $320+20 shipping. Is this the best deal or does anybody know some place I can get them cheaper?

Thanks guys,

John

Im sorry, this is just me, but I would rather spend that money on something else. But thats just me.

Sorry.........
Yeah, that sounds like a good price.

They come in handy if the traffic regs require the fenders to extend over the tires...that is a real good price if they are new...and if they will warrant them if there is a problem in fit-up.

Being new... when you trim up are you supposed to leave the Pinch Weld in the back? Running tires that are a bit large and had to modify them (bend over part in rear tire wells...) a bit. Hoping I didn't hose that area of my rig... Hindsight is a yatch.

XJStorm said:
Being new... when you trim up are you supposed to leave the Pinch Weld in the back? Running tires that are a bit large and had to modify them (bend over part in rear tire wells...) a bit. Hoping I didn't hose that area of my rig... Hindsight is a yatch.
I don't think its a good idea to cut that pinch seam unless you plan to weld it back up. Partially because being open, it will allow all kinds of crud to get into the body, but also because it contributes to the structure of the body.
B.

Am I hosed after having folded the seam over? Its still welded... just hammered back on itself.

I am starting the install of my Bushwacker flairs today. Let you know how it goes. Planing on not cutting past the pinch welds. Might use vertical cuts 1 inch apart to aid folding. Will be taking many pictures.

I hammered the pinch seam over when i put mine on...

Back