• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hp 44 Install Pics!

BillR

Toy Jeep driver!
It's bolted in, with springs and all CAs in place.
The turdy removed..
100_0403.jpg

BIG hole!
100_0404.jpg

And the 44 IN!
100_0405.jpg

100_0406.jpg

Still lots of work to do, (trackbar shortening, steering and brake install) but the hard part's done! :wave:

TRNDRVR said:
Looks good Bill.
What came in the box in the background?
Dan.
If you're talking about the box in the 3rd pic, those are my Superior alloy rear D44 shafts. They're dual-drilled for both bolt patterns, and I'm having the drums drilled for 5 on 5.5 to match the Ford rotors in front.

BillR said:
If you're talking about the box in the 3rd pic, those are my Superior alloy rear D44 shafts. They're dual-drilled for both bolt patterns, and I'm having the drums drilled for 5 on 5.5 to match the Ford rotors in front.
Cool!!!
30 or 33 spline?

BillR said:
30 spline. I used the No-Slip I had in the rear for a front locker. The rear has a Detroit now.
I'm doing the Super 44 kit for my rear. I've already got it, just needs to be installed. :)

BrettM said:
looking good!

what dia./wall is that tie-rod?
1.5" DOM, 1/4" wall w/Poison Spyder inserts. The drag link is made of the same stuff.

Good job, I like the way that looks. I'm going to put a HP44 in mine this week. Could you tell me if you cut and turn the knuckles? What did you set your pinion angle and caster?

xj8_8 said:
Good job, I like the way that looks. I'm going to put a HP44 in mine this week. Could you tell me if you cut and turn the knuckles? What did you set your pinion angle and caster?
Thanks. The knuckles were turned when I reinstalled them after shortening the housing. I set the caster at about 6* negative, and the pinion's pointed at the t-case.

YETI said:
take it that larger tires are in your future.
A set of 35x12.50 Dunlop Mud Rovers are sitting on the garage floor just waiting their turn... :laugh3:

DO you really need that bracket that is bolted to the diff cover? Isn't the brige plate that mounts on either side strong enough? Does it serve another purpose I'm not seeing?

Sorry for all the questions just curious.

I've HEARD that it's strong enough without it, but there's some stress there with the UCA. The bracket adds some extra support directly under that area.

Back