• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Next Snowrun

XJourney

NAXJA Forum User
Alright I hope everyone had Happy Holidays and/or A Good Christmas.
But now that they are done or are close to being done.

Lets start getting ready for another unoffical snow run for January.

We will run FS 62, Jacks Pass or Old Stevens pass, depending on the weather.
(they are all along US2 in Wa)

I think that meeting at Dennys in Monroe at 9:00am works good for everyone.

Mandatory equipment:
Recovery points
Recovery strap (no hooks)
Fire Extingisher
First aid kit
Good tires Plus a spare
Warm cloths
Food (lunch)
Good Attitude

Suggested Equipment:
Shovel
CB
Spare Parts
Tire Chains
Hi Lift Jack
Extra food
Sled

So what weekends in January will work for you? I think all will work for me.
I would prefer Saturdays I like to rest/repair on Sundays. :repair:

I almost made this same post last night.

The later in the month the more likely I can get the weekend off. I will try to get my cousin to come along and my CB hooked up in time.

Anywhere with a rockslide or other fun obstacles would work. Hopefully I can get my lift finished by then.

Jason

The weekend of the 22nd would be perfect for us.

Okay if the Scrambler tags along? I KNOW I won't have a lift by then...
:)

oh...don't eat at Denny's...food was terrible... :(

We picked up McD's on the way. I enjoyed Andy coming along. He has alot more experience than I do.

I think the 22nd would work for me also. I vote on Jacks pass again (I am not sure that we will get much of a trip out of the old hi way if there is no more bridge (unless someone else has more info). I also vote that we meet somewhere with a larger parking lot. I should of pointed it out on the way up there but there is a place farther along (must be Sultan I think) called the Dutch Cup, it has decent food (much better than denny's) and it has a very large parking lot that works well for meeting up with others. You can not miss it, it has a very large blue colored dutch wind mill on the sign. I can get a specific address if we need it closer to time.

Also, I will try to bring more of the family this time, maybe the wife and all 3 kids (have to see closer to time). I also need to get the CB fixed, fan wired, winch wired and a few other things fixed up before I head back out. Should be able to get it all done by then.

Mich(I think my brother might meet us also with his truck or quad)ael

Alright the 22nd is good with me. And sure lets meet at the Dutch Cup at 9:00 am. And I would love to try Jacks pass again, maybe even make it to the top.(depending on snow level)

How does everyone feel about stopping and having a group dinner/NW Naxja Meeting on our way down. Maybe stop in Goldbar,Sultan,or Monroe?

I think I will pickup a set of chains this time :twak:

Hey Mike is your friend Scott interested in selling his chains or did he return them?

Oh and my wife will be attending as well.

I will submit the days off at work on Thursday. My wife wants to go, but doesn't really want to take the boys along. We might only bring the oldest.

Dinner sounds good, even though I am technically still not a NAXJA member. Only paid my dues, not assigned a number.

Hmm...

I am debating if I should get another set of chains for the rear.

I hope to have my CB installed, and my lift finished. If I am lucky I will be able to figure out what I need to get this Air Compressor installed.

My cousin wasn't able to make it a couple weekends ago, so he is trying his best to get up this time.

Later
Jason

Dutch Cup is a good place to meet both ways - Food isn't bad so a dinner there (on the way back) is a great idea. I paid my dues too but don't yet have my number.

The more CBs we have, the better...easier than hopping in and out all the time!

I got a shackle for my trailer hitch for Christmas (Thanks, Andy!). No one bought me a lift though... ;)

You don't have to be a member to attend any of NW NAXJA meetings. All are invited. Even if you aren't going on the snowrun you could come and meet us on our way down. Does the Dutch Cup have an area to gather 12 or so people? Or should we eat in Monroe at??????

Yes, the Dutch cup has an area but we will need to call ahead and make sure they reserve it for us in the evening. They might already have a group in the banquet room (Saturday mornings are booked).

A buck or so extra (per person) to the wait staff also goes a long way to good service there...FYI.

HEYHEYHEY! Look at my screen name! I'm a REAL Newbie now!!

...maybe now I can get down to some business huh? ;)

O crap, Me too! LOL. I should put it on my Licsense Plate. But my oldest wants SPIDER.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Lets make it a longer day, and stop in Monroe for dinner (we might be able to get more people in Monroe than at the Dutch cup.

22nd is great for me. I suspect Scott will also come, and I have invited another friend of mine, he has a Chevy not a jeep though:( . Anyway, You can get the chains scott and I have at any Costco for about $65 a set.

I am hoping to bring all 3 kids (7, 5, and 2) and the wife. We will have to see closer to time.

Michael

Micheal, Where would you suggest in Monroe to eat dinner?

I am giving this thread a bump because:

I got the 22nd off of work.

This time, my cousin is coming. Another local XJ owner is hoping to come, but I don't know that he is going to be able to get all of his recovery equipment.

So where are we going? Logging roads? Rock slides? Mud Slides?

My lift is going to be started tomorrow. Got the Air tanks back from the powdercoater. Getting my hands on some other protection equipment. Unless I get lucky and my cousin and I can get the lift on tomorrow and Wed night, I doubt I will be able to get the CB installed.

Jason

Jason, I can't wait to see you and the new lift!! I will be there (still hoping the whole family will come) and Scott is planning on it with his jeep. My brother will probably be there either with his XJ (he just bought) or with his 6x6 polaris. I also have a couple of other friends that might join us if they get their trucks done.

With the amount of snow that is now on all of the roads I think we should have plenty of difficulty at Jacks Pass. I think we should head up there again and that way there is plenty of room for all of the trucks, kids can bring sleds, everyone bring a lunch and we can have tons of fun.

Who else is in and howmany maybe's do we have?

Michael

2xtreme said:
Jason, I can't wait to see you and the new lift!!

Who else is in and howmany maybe's do we have?

Michael
Me too, Jason! Excited to see what you do with your rig! :)

Andy and I will be there also - we're not too sure if the Scrambler's going to make it. There's some question (by Andy) about the condition of his tires but HEY! I could always use a "Shotgun" rider!

We meet at the Dutch Cup in the morning right? Would it be better to say 8:45 to 9:00 instead? We all seemed to be delayed 'cause we had to top our tanks off. (??)

Am I the only Stock rig going?

Back