• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hot dogs tonight...everything is closed

tompatjr

NAXJA Forum User
Well it's Christmas Day. Merry Christmas everyone.

I ordered some radiator hoses that did show friday, so I figured I'd dive a little deeper and fix the cracked exhaust manifold. Got it all apart. But, now what should I do? Buy this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33632&item=7942980779&rd=1 and be cheap or spring for a header. More importantly do you think this ebay one is worth a damn? I don't care to have to do this twice!

Thanks
Thomas

If once is what you want to do go with a header. If you are tight on time, weld it. That is really cheap, weren't those just going for like 90 t 100 just a while ago????

So what kind of hot dogs??? :D

hinkley

Mark Hinkley said:
If once is what you want to do go with a header. If you are tight on time, weld it. That is really cheap, weren't those just going for like 90 t 100 just a while ago????

So what kind of hot dogs??? :D

hinkley

Thankfully it's not my DD so time isn't a issue. However, I don't want to spend a bunch more on it. That money has gone into the gears and suspension. Axles later. HP isn't the goal. I hate to drop 300 beans on a header. I just don't see how a header could help to mush with my stock setup, also. I guess I wonder are the manifolds on Ebay the same. Some of the ads say they're better than the other guys. I guess it's not like they are making the manifolds. My guess is they are all the same! So cheaper the better. I hope!

BTW, the hotdogs are Bryan Beef Franks. Looking for some chilli only have chilli with beans.

take a look at the larger picture -
1093682679536_9199cherokee4.0327.jpg
im not sure that i like the pipe fitting on the ends of the headers...

Get whatcha pay for... welding the holes and cracks in the old one might be better than spending the $ on a new one that is crap...

I say go Mopar replacement, or Aftermarket header, avoid cheap crap... Im not sure that weight in metal can be purchased for 50.00 anymore with China taking all the steel...

I put one of those ebay things on my '90, it cracked a couple of months later. I then welded that crack up about 10 months ago, so far so good. Since the welding it has seen probably 10k miles and 8 or 10 off road trips and it is holding strong. So if money is the priority and your manifold is in good shape except for the crack I would probably try welding it. If longevity is priority then maybe a good header.

desertjeeper said:
I put one of those ebay things on my '90, it cracked a couple of months later. I then welded that crack up about 10 months ago, so far so good. Since the welding it has seen probably 10k miles and 8 or 10 off road trips and it is holding strong. So if money is the priority and your manifold is in good shape except for the crack I would probably try welding it. If longevity is priority then maybe a good header.

Well when to a few parts houses today. About 200.00 for a Motormite or somthing like that. I will be calling clifford on Monday. They say 300.00 on there web site. However, I might carry it to the local muffler shop and have them make a pass at it. Spoke to them the other day and they said they do a lot of these and would add bracing to it to lesson the chance of it breaking again.

Back