• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LIFT decision help

cassio

NAXJA Forum User
because of my tight budget i decided to go with rough country to lift my xj

heres my dilema:

should i go with a 3in lift with full rear springs + add coil spacers and shackels
OR
go with the 4.5 in lift but with add-a-leafs in the rear

they both give about the same height and cost the same
but wich one is better considering this is my daily driver and the only wheeling i do is mud and some trail.

how good are add-a-leafs?
are the full pack really worth the extra cash?
how good are spacer kits as explained above?

also: will i need to buy anything extra than the lift kit.

anything esle let me know thanks!!

Last edited:
i suppose someone will have to be the first to say this, but you might want to do a quick search of the site :cheers: this question has been asked quite a bit and i bet you'd find some good info. out there. Welcome to the group though and let us know if you've got any other questions! :wave:

ok im pretty much in teh same dilema...however i've come to this conclusion. If your rear leafs are sagging at all then yes full leaf packs are worth it. Otherwise all of the lifting is being done by taht one AAL. However if you decide to go for the 3" lift and add teh spacers adn shackles, you will need an adjustable trac bar, and most likely a T-Case drop or SYE. I know it isnt what you want to hear and it has taken me a while to accept but its better in the long run to wait till u have the cash and go for the 4.5" with full leafs.

I hate not having a money tree...anyone know where i can get one? or how about a sugar momma?

hope this helps,
pat

graVes14 said:
If your rear leafs are sagging at all then yes full leaf packs are worth it. Otherwise all of the lifting is being done by taht one AAL. t

so are you saying that if i already got good rear leafs then a AAL is ok??
need some clarification

Get the full leaves if you can afford it. I got the full one, and about the same time the guy down the road got the AAL (3.5 re). Now, about 8 mo later he says he wished he'd gotten the full pack. He didn't get the same height that I did, not much difference to complain about, but enought to wish he'd gotten something different.

-Marisha

if you can offord it id go with the full leaf packs. CHeck these guys out its like $600 shipped to your house and its a 4 1/2" with full leaf packs. Topguncustomz.com

im waiting and going rusty's

Back