• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2WD / 4WD front ends...

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
i know a few of you have converted your front straight axle over to D30. my question is about mounting. do the two axles share control arms and steering components? i ask because i have an 85 parts truck that i will not be able to get rid of unless it is a rolling chassis.... but i want the non-disco D30 out of the front...im thinking this would be an easy way around the problem if i can find a 2Wd axle... anyone have one in the weeds behind their garage? thanks guys..

as far as I know, the 2x4 and 4x4 fronts share the same steering/trackbar/control arms. I maybe wrong, but the calipers and rotors should work for spares for the 4x4 if they come on the 2x4 axle you find. (84-96 and 97-01 are different offset)

JohnB up in Philly area converted a 2x4 to 4x4 awhile back, so he may have the front 2x ax laying around.

HTH

All the same -- bolt-in conversion.

I have two sitting here, but one has to stay in the truck until I find a 4WD replacement for it, and the other is to be used for just what you have in mind -- I'll be pulling the 4WD axle from a parts chassis for my MJ project truck, and I need a 2WD axle just to roll the junker around on.

Back