• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

are all TJ flares the same? GURU's needed

cablesmurf

NAXJA Forum User
I'm having a friendly disagreement with nuxjr about TJ flares. I have always thought that the Sahara and Rubicon flares were 1" wider than standard TJ flares. He says they are not and that they are all the same. He checked the part# at work (stealership) and it says they are the same part#. Who is right???

I have own both standard and Rubicon flares and I am positive they are different.

My father drives a Rubicon and before that had a Sahara. I got a set of standard TJ flares to put on my XJ next time I get tires and they definitely are smaller than the ones on my dads Jeeps.

I'm not sure about Rubicon flares, but I know for a fact that Saharah flares stick out about an inch farther than a Wrangler X would. I kinda wish I knew that or else I would've gotten some white Saharah flares and put them on mine. Woulda been kinda nifty if done really well.

Rubicon flares are wider.I have a set of em in my basement if you are interested

Back