• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fabricator wannabe

MMIXJ

NAXJA Forum User
so i've decided to design & build my own rear tube bumper... turns out a friendly neighbor does a lot of fab
work (mostly race cars) and has everything (bender, welders, etc).

i'm eager to learn, and have faith in my design, except for one (important) point: the mounting system.
i searched the forums a bit, but it seems like everyone is only building front bumpers (found lots of
photos/descriptions of the front mounting but nothing off the back).

i plan to incorporate a hitch/receiver, so i know i'll need to use both the factory bumper mounting holes
(4 per side) as well as the hitch holes on the rails... but i'm having a hard time visualizing just how that will
look in terms of actually attaching to a tube bumper. some kind of plate/bracketry i suppose...

any insight would be appreciated!

thanks in advance.

Terry,

You'll definitely want to incorporate all the mounts that the factory receiver hitches use and also the 8 bolts that the normal bumper bolts onto. That's what BPI did with theirs....you can come by and check it out anytime if you want.

I might even have a picture of the mount they use.....I'll see if I can dig it up.

Brian

thanks for the links... helpful indeed.
i was thinking i'd have to make a bracket that would come up from under the rail,
but i like the idea of running the stock _in_ the rail and out the back. very nice.

brian: i'll probably take you up on that offer...
in fact, i may drop you a line to see if you'd have time to help me install the RE HD
trackbar mount and my new RE chromo tie-rod before i take the rig *up north* ;)
next month for futher mods...

cheers.

terry

Back