• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for interior image/schematic

Root Moose

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to put together a fader/balance interface for my navigation computer project and I am looking for some images or schematics of the interior top down view of a 4 door XJ.

I found this image:

norm_4_orig.jpg

and I can probably make it work with a _lot_ of Photoshop help but I was hoping that someone may have a better image I can use?

Ideally I'd like a black and white line drawing/schematic but a clearer photo would work too.

Anyone have one?

r@m

p.s. Once the project is done the .fvwm2rc config and GTK themes will be posted for anyone else to duplicate what I'm building in OSS style. No custom code required otherwise. I'll probably be posting a newer snapshot in the next week or so - currently dealing with font issues.

i hate that image because it shows how cool the chinese xjs are. that back seat with the fold down arm rest and head rests is hella sweet.

4" of extra legroom is annoying too.

r@m

yeah i usually don't type that, but i do find myself saying it a lot. people from outta state recognize it immediately as cali talk.

BrettM said:
Rootmoose, what is it you're making?
It's a computer to run GPS software (gpsdrive) and MP3/FM duty (gqmpeg/gqradio). The LCD will replace the factory radio/CD player. I've currently got something more polished looking than the image(s) linked above, pretty confident I can pull it off at this point.

I can elaborate if you'd like. Not sure how interested in this stuff most people are so I don't want to clutter the forum with it.

r@m

I'm definitely interested in the project itself, and learning more about Linux(mostly pseudo-embedded stuff).
Keep me posted if you can.

Is this the type of thing you are looking for?
Draft of XJ internal Topview
If so, let me know, and I will clean it up and make changes as required.

Thanks.

yao ming...7'2" or something...1.2 billoion people there are going to be all sizes and shapes.

yes i am interested moose, i don't know anything about programming though. my area is more networking.

Lou said:
Is this the type of thing you are looking for?
Draft of XJ internal Topview
If so, let me know, and I will clean it up and make changes as required.
That's pretty close to what I need/want. I can work with that image. The only thing I'd need to add is a couple of icons/images to represent the speakers in the doors and the rear sound bar.

If it had the outline of the hood, doors, etc. it would be perfect for another interface idea I have.

r@m

My understanding is that the doors in the back are 4" longer - or thereabouts. If you look at the side view it does look that way. Not sure why Jeep didn't do that to begin with. Maybe so they wouldn't need two sets of driveshafts?

r@m

Chancer said:
How to they do that? Surely Chinese XJs aren't longer? If so, where can I get hold of one??!

they made the wheel base longer then rear door is not shaped to the wheel well it goes straight down like a suburban is full straight edge rear door, and a tahoe has a door that follows the line of the wheel well.

PLUS those lucky SOBS get a landrover Discovery style "alpine" rear roof that is raised a few inches.

Only thing they could have done better is leave the US version front clip alone, and added a power roll down rear glass in the trunk live a 4Runner.

Back