• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help a new XJ'er, guvnor??

martinfisher

NAXJA Forum User
Being new to the XJ thing (been doing TJs since '98) I'm having concerns and issues about the '92 model sitting in my garage. I'm in the midst of dropping a newer 4.0 in it and adding enough lift for 31's and all of that is pretty straight forward.

My problem is the doggone drivers seat... I seems to have broken inside on the frame which, based on a search of threads on NAXJA, seems a not unusual problem. Mine's not power, just the old plain-jane front bucket.

Question is: what's a good replacement if I cannot find a XJ seat? The salvage yards here don't have much in the way of XJs so I'll have to graft in something else. Anybody have ideas on seats (I'm gonna replace both fronts) that can be grafted in with the least amount of 'engineering' work??? Something like seats from an Explorer (of which a plethora exist in almost every yard) or some such??

Any ideas or suggestions will be gratefully received...

Happy Trails,

Martin Fisher
98 TJ
92 XJ

Lots of people have different opinions on seats. Every seat fits everybody different so you need to find one that you like and buy those. You can fit virtually any seat in an XJ as long as you can make brackets to mount them.

Back