• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Been searching since this morning - factory winch option?

sportsguy

NAXJA Forum User
OK, so while back I recall someone posting up about a factory installed winch option on the XJ's in the late eighties (IIRC). I recall someone had one of the original trays and had made a pattern for others to follow if they wanted to make thier own.

I also seem to recall that the winch used back then was failry "small", maybe a 6,000 lbs unit due to the size.

These things used to fit under the rad, behind the stock bumper and between the front "frame rails".

Anyone know how the heck to find that thread again...?

...and as the title states, I have been searching for this most of today trying different combos of phrases and sifting through results - no luck...am I losing my mind...I was sure I read about this on NAXJA...

I saw an older Cherokee with that setup driving down the street in Santiago (Chile) just a couple of days ago. Very sweet. I WANT ONE!

Back