• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bigger Brake Booster Question (?)

AJ-MJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1990 MJ with a 4 Liter engine and 5 speed. :star: I bought a 1995 master cylinder and booster. I scranged a 1/4" spacer and the rest of the steel tube and fitting. I used madxj.com "upgrade to a bigger brake booster" tech article as guidance.

My question is: Has any one drilled the booster pedal rod to 9/16" and ground a flap on it so the original brake light switch can be used? Will this work or will I have to obtain a 3/8" to 1/2" spacer/bushing and change the brake light switch. Concurance. Suggestions and Guidance - appreciated!

The reason I am asking is that I do not have a bracket for a brake light switch or cruise control as indicated in the tech article. That will result in a trip to the junk yard and buying a bracket and switch. Which is easy enought. It just seems easier to mod the pedal rod.

Which is the better option? :)

Last edited:
rsalemi said:
drilling and grinding to match works fine.

I agree. I have done this to two and both worked great.

Michael

Back