• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 Knuckles

jcamp1221

NAXJA Forum User
I'm swapping a HP D30 in my 2000 XJ . The HP is from a 1995 XJ. Do I need to change the knuckles in order to use my 2000 calipers,spindles, and rotors? Also I thought all 95 and up axles had 297 joints but this one has 260. Was that possible in early 95 axles?

Nope. At least I didn't. I have a '92 HP D30 under my 2000. I swapped axle shafts as well. So I have the '92 housing, knuckles, and the '00 shafts,hubs, and u-joints, calipers, discs, etc.

-P

All should fit fine if it really is a 95.

95s all came with 297s so if it has 260s they were change to keep the 297s (the seller) or it isn't a 95.

hinkley

I'm sure it is a 95 axle. The build code stamped on the long tube is 7 17 5 but it did have very new looking 260 joints in it when I tore it down. I watched them torch it out of a stock XJ at the salvage yard. Maybe someone did a shaft swap on it when joints were installed. Thanks for the info I'll use the 95 knuckles with all my 2000 parts.

Back