• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

simple question

If there is a brake booster it has power brakes. I'm fairly certain that they all came with power brakes, just ask for an '87 MJ master cylinder.

Why, did the parts guy ask you if it has power brakes?

Oh oh, thats a pretty ah basic question that really you should not have to ask and which by it's nature means you know NOTHING about brakes. Please be careful. Get a book and read about them first before attempting to do any work on them, done incorretly you not only put youself in danger but also others on the road.
Remember to bench bleed the new master cylinder before installing it otherwise your next question will be 'I just put in a new master cylinder and bled my brakes and they are terrible'.....

RichP said:
Oh oh, thats a pretty ah basic question that really you should not have to ask and which by it's nature means you know NOTHING about brakes.

It is always best to be sure of your work, particularly working with any system on a car that has significant safety concerns.

However, this is a huge exageration of a statement. I would put money on the fact that a very large portion of the comunity that does work on their own brakes has NO idea what Power Brakes really are, or what it means!!

No need to be insulting, just reassuring.

Michael

Back