• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

snorkel

offroadxj07

NAXJA Forum User
Well I got a snorkel a little while back and before I drilled all the holes and stuff... i set the tube up in my wheel well to see if everything would work fine.... it looks like it may be ripped out when im up 4 wheeling.... has anyone had a problem with the snorkel not fitting? also I have a 5 inch lift with 32s if that matters. thanks

Mine is tucked up into the fender well enough to be protected over the wheel.

The part I didn't like was the front, where the tube runs all the way down and behind the bumper, then up into the front of the airbox. I don't run a front bumper, so that was just stupid hanging down completely unprotected.

I just cut a big oblong hole in the inner fender, and ran the airtube directly into the side of the airbox, instead of circling under it. I had to fabricate a flange to bolt through the side of the box, but it wasn't a big deal.

Running it this way, the tube is all up out of the way. Plus, the more direct route only needed about half the length of the tube, and it only requires one gentle bend through the fender, instead of curving downward, then forward, then turning up and then back again.

Simpler is better, and though my description wasn't, my redesign was, trust me...

Hope it helped...
Robert

Back